For more information regarding the City's COVID-19 response, please visit: COVID-19 Response.
Online Registration: Online registration for activities and events
Activity Guide: Check the list below for current programming
: Listing of parks, other outdoor locations, and halls throughout the city
THESE SUMMER CAMPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!Click here to register online. Click on the links below to view each camp flyer with more detailed information.
- Private Tennis Lessons in October Flyer
- 10/6-11/3 Tuesdays - Jump Rope Flyer
- 10/6-10/29 - Surf Flyer
- 10/13-10/15 - Ceramics Camp Flyer
- 10/17 - Art a La Carte Flyer
- 10/19-10/22 - Beach Volleyball Flyer
- 1/4-1/8 - Art a La Carte Flyer
- 1/4-1/7 - Beach Volleyball Flyer
- 9/21-11/21 - Yoga with Lindsay~All Levels Yoga, Mobility Flow, Yoga Fit Flow & Yoga Flow Flyer
- 9/29-11/20 - Yoga with Mely~The Perfect Blend of Yoga and Pilates Flyer
- 9/30-11/18 - Qi Gong with Holly Flyer
The Recreation Division provides quality recreation activities that reflect the interests, needs, and demographics of the residents of Pismo Beach. Recreation programs:
- Build a sense of community
- Contribute to the health and safety of Pismo Beach
- Enhance the quality of life in the city
- Expose children to positive role models
- Improve self-esteem
- Active Adult Socials
- Adult Classes
- Excursions and Trips
- Special Events
- Sports Programs
- Youth Programs
- Public Art Projects
Classes, Activities & Events
The Pismo Beach Recreation Division offers a variety of events, classes, and activities for all age groups. You can view our current offerings in the Activity Guide.
Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Carve, paint or otherwise decorate a pumpkin for your chance to win a prize from The City of Pismo Beach. Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories: Most Creative, Funniest, and Scariest! Submissions will be judged by age groups: 12 and under, 13 and up and FAMILY.
To participate, submit an online entry form with a photo of you and your masterpiece by October 29, 2020. See additional contest rules below. Pumpkin entries must include either the participant pictured with the pumpkin or a FAMILY name or individual’s name/age or FAMILY last name on a place-card with the pumpkin to authenticate.
Winners will be notified on October 30th and winning masterpieces will be posted on the City's Facebook page by November 2nd. Prizes will be awarded to the winning entries from the City of Pismo Beach.
- Contest is open to individuals of ALL ages and FAMILIES in the Five Cites area.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent/legal guardian.
- You may only submit one entry per individual or per FAMILY.
- To participate, submit an online entry form with photo attachment by October 29,2020.
- Pumpkin must be pictured with the individual/FAMILY OR name/age place-card must be next to pumpkin to authenticate.
- The City of Pismo Beach reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content.
Contest Entry Form
If you have any questions, please email; email@example.com
or contact the Recreation Division directly at (805) 773-7063.
SENIOR DANCE CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Upcoming Special Events
- October 24 | Pumpkins in the Park | CANCELED
- December 4 | Holiday Harmony | CANCELED