What is a “claim”?
In the event you believe the City has caused damage to your personal property or bodily harm, you have the right to file a “claim” against the City for damages. To file a claim against the City, you must serve the claim, either by mail or personal delivery, at the City Clerk's Office, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449. To obtain a claim form, you may contact the City Clerk by mail or by calling (805) 773-7003. You can also download the claim from the City’s website.Liability Claim Form

Show All Answers

1. What is a “claim”?
2. How do I file a claim for monetary damages against the City?
3. What happens to the claim after it is filed?
4. Is this the same thing as small claims court?