Water & Sewer Services
The City of Pismo Beach provides high quality water and sewer services in a cost-effective manner. Your utility bill includes water and sewer fees. Providing our customers with safe, high quality drinking water is our main priority. The drinking water supplied by the City is safe and meets or exceeds all quality standards set forth by both the state and federal government.
Garbage, Green Waste and Recycling collection is provided by South County Sanitary. You may contact South County Sanitary at (805) 489-4246.
A Water and Sewer Service Application must be filled out and can be submitted in various ways to establish utility services.
Water and Sewer Service Application - Owner
Water and Sewer Service Application - Tenant
Submitting Your Application
||In Person: Apply at the Finance Department, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach.
||Mail: Mail the application for service along with the appropriate fees to: Finance Department, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449.
||Fax: Property Owners may transmit the application for service via facsimile and either mail or deposit the fees in the City's night drop box located in the City Hall parking lot. However, Tenants may not because a refundable deposit of $180.00 must be submitted at the same time as a completed application.
||Drop Box: The City's night drop box is located in the parking lot at City Hall.
The City requires 24-hours advance notice to establish service. The City does not conduct business on Saturdays, Sundays, or major holidays. All requests for service must be received by close of business on Thursday for service to be available for the weekend.
• $45.00 Non-Refundable Set up Fee
• $180.00 Refundable deposit upon owner request after 12
months of non-delinquency.
• $45.00 Non-Refundable Set up Fee
• $180.00 Refundable Deposit which will be applied to your
balance when you close your account
Water meters are read bi-monthly, for an average billing cycle of approximately 60 days. Your utility bill includes fixed charges and charges for water consumption. The fixed charges for a Single-Family Residence (SFR) 3/4" meter include the following:
Average Charges for Single Family:
|Water Meter Service Charge (SFR) 3/4" meter)
|Sewer Charge (Flat Rate)
|Water Usage Fee (Varies per amount used—this example is 10 HCF of usage @ $2.60 per HCF)
Meter sizes have been determined by either a contractor or the building department and cannot be reduced to a smaller size.
The Water Meter Service Charge is charged upon all City water users to help pay for the cost of maintenance of the water mains, pump stations, equipment and water reservoir systems.
View Comprehensive Water & Sewer Fee Schedule
Paying Your Bill
For your convenience the following methods are available:
- Mail your payment to: City of Pismo Beach, Finance Department, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- Deposit payment in the Night Drop Box located in the City Hall parking lot.
- Pay in person - Cash and check payments are accepted in the Finance Department. Credit cards are also accepted.(American Express, Mastercard and Discover)
- Automatic Payment Service - Utility bill is paid automatically from your checking account on the due date stated on the bill. Please call (805) 773-4655 to receive an application to sign up for City of Pismo Beach Automatic Payment Service. An application can also be downloaded using this website.
- Pay On-Line - The City of Pismo Beach has partnered with Official Payments to offer payment of utility services over the Internet using the on-line payment service. A small convenience fee applies.
- Pay by Phone - Official Payments also offers a convenient payment service via telephone. If you prefer to make your payment using your touch-tone telephone, please call toll-free at 1-800-2PAY-TAXsm (1-800-272-9829). At the prompt, enter Jurisdiction Code 1567. A small convenience fee applies.
Payment is due 30 days from the billing date shown on your regular bill. If payment is not made by this date, the bill becomes delinquent and a Delinquent Notice including penalties and interest are generated and mailed.
Utility services can be terminated by completing a Request to Discontinue Utility Services form. Completed form can be faxed, emailed or submitted to the Finance Department. There is a 24-hour advance notice required for the termination of services. Contact the Finance Department at (805) 773-4655 for further information.