- 6:00 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Council Chamber, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- Interactive agendas, videos*, and minutes are available in the Agenda Center.
- PDF-format agendas, packets, and reports are available in the Access Pismo public records portal.
- Televised meetings are also re-broadcast on Government Access Channel 20 at 1:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m daily, during the week following the meeting.
- Archived video of all televised meetings is available here: Planning Commission Video Archive
- Times and locations as noticed. Agendas published 1 to 5 days prior.
- PDF-format agenda packets and minutes are available in the Agenda Center. Audio may be available for some meetings.
- PDF-format agendas, packets, and reports are available in the Access Pismo public records portal. Audio may be available for some meetings.
Sign up to Receive Notification of New Agendas
To sign up to receive email or text message notification when new Agendas are published, please visit our Notify Me page.
Agendas & MinutesYou can pick up a copy of Planning Commission Agendas and staff reports at the Community Development Department Planning division office on the 2nd floor of City Hall at 760 Mattie Road on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. The agenda for an upcoming meeting of the Planning Commission is also available 10 days ahead of the meeting.
Public AttendanceYou may
- Attend the meeting in person
- Watch the meeting live on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Charter Communications Ch. 20
- Watch the recorded meeting daily during meeting weeks on Charter Communications Ch. 20 the week of the meeting at:
- 1:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 6:00 p.m.
- View meetings online: Agenda Center
- Purchase a DVD of a Planning Commission meeting by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 805-773-4657
|| Term Expires
|| Phone Number
|Don Oberhelman||February 2024
||805-773-4658 (leave message)
|Andrew Jones||February 2023
||805-773-4658 (leave message)|
|Clare Malone Prichard||February 2023||805-773-4658 (leave message)|
|Reed Van Rozeboom||February 2023||805-773-4658 (leave message)|
|Shauna Wills||February 2024||805-773-4658 (leave message)|
Contact the Commission / Submit Public Comment
The Planning Commission may be contacted as follows:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail or hand-delivered correspondence:
City Hall, Community Development Department
760 Mattie Road
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- Fax: 805-773-4684
- General office phone: 805-773-4658
- In person: At any public meeting. Refer to agenda for date, time and location. Comment accepted on agenda items before action is taken. Special meetings may limit comment to agenda topics only.
OverviewThe Planning Commission, an advisory board to the City Council, consists of 5 members nominated by individual City Council Members and appointed by a majority vote of the City Council.
All Commissioners must be Pismo Beach residents and are required to take an oath of office prior to commencing their term of office.
- Review site plans
- Makes amendments to the Development Code and General Plan
- Reviews residential designs
- Makes recommendations on surplus open space sales
- Establishes design and development standards