Continued COVID-19 Response
The City of Pismo Beach remains committed to providing exceptional public services during the continued COVID-19 event. We continue to encourage electronic submittal of new permit applications by email to the appropriate staff member. Additionally, below are links to self-service options that you may use in place of visiting City Hall.
- Official Payments Instructions for Payment of Planning Fees
- Administrative Permits Pending Approval - Review Plans
- Planning Commission Review - Project Plans in Access Pismo by meeting date
The Planning Division is responsible for working with the City Council and the Planning Commission to create and implement long-range plans, including the Local Coastal Plan, for the City's growth and development consistent with approved planning principles and state law. Additionally, the Planning Division is responsible for:
- Providing information to the public on the City's land use policies and regulations.
- Review of project applications (including potential environmental impacts) for compliance with all city, state, and federal land use laws.
- Management of special projects, including but not limited to oversight of parks and open space planning, grant writing, and assisting in redevelopment agency administration.
Land Use Policies
Most of the City's land use policy documents are noted to the left; you may search for land use policy and project documents and information handouts not identified on this page in the Document Center.
View the Staff Directory for more contact information.