The Pismo Beach Police Department Citizen Volunteers are a team of citizens who have an interest in contributing to law enforcement and the community. Volunteers give law enforcement officers the opportunity to reduce crime and increase law enforcement services in a variety of ways.
Volunteers are not police officers. They do not take enforcement action, carry weapons or make arrests.
Volunteers must attend a Citizens Police Academy in order to participate in the program. For additional information, please visit Citizens Police Academy.
The Pismo Beach Police Department relies heavily on the dedicated men and women who volunteer for the police department.
Examples of duties of the Police Volunteer include:
- Crime watch foot patrol and vehicle patrol
- Security checks of homes and businesses
- Records functions (courier services, fingerprinting, audits, archiving)
- Special events (4th of July, Pizza on the Pier, Farmers Market, etc.)
- Traffic control (at special events or emergencies)
- Emergency call-outs (perimeter security, child care at the station)
- Crime prevention (passing out flyers, assisting the public)
For more information, please contact the volunteer coordinator Sgt. Jason Spears at (805) 596-5419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.